skyecastle world
You Are Welcome
skyecastle world
You Are Welcome
skyecastle world
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sport, entertainment, politics, health

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
stat counter

How I Used a Relationship to Get Over My Friend's Death

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How I Used a  Relationship to Get  Over My Friend's  Death Empty
PostSubject: How I Used a Relationship to Get Over My Friend's Death   How I Used a  Relationship to Get  Over My Friend's  Death I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 am

Nona called me from Chicago and said, "Emma's dead," and I started laughing because I didn't understand what she was saying. I repeated it to my boyfriend, whom I'll call Reis here. He was sitting right next to me, and I watched his nose crinkle and his head cock, and I was rewired so fast. I began repeating "Emma's dead" over and over again, at top speed, out loud. Eleven days later, Reis sat in front of me in my childhood bedroom on the Upper West Side of Manhattan while I practiced Emma's and my favorite camp song, "Changes" by Phil Ochs, all morning before I went to sing it at her funeral. It was at a stodgy funeral home meant for the very old, not the very young like Emma. And the funeral was a lot like the funeral home. It was very cold; lots and lots of poems were read, but I couldn't feel or see Emma anywhere. An impossibility, I suppose, since she wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
http://skyegist.nstars.org

How I Used a Relationship to Get Over My Friend's Death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
skyecastle world :: Dating-
Jump to: